November 6, 2017

Hypnotherapy on a Skeptic?

I received an email from a potential new client asking whether it was possible to do hypnotherapy on a skeptic, as well as a few other frequently asked questions. Here was my reply:

Thank you for the email. Hypnotherapy is nothing like you see on TV or at the county fair - I don't have a magic hypno wand that instantly reprograms your brain or changes your behavior. Instead, it much more like a guided mediation with a specific focus where YOU experience insights, release past trauma, and come up with solutions. It always works because it is always your solution, so in some ways it's learning to doubt your doubts (the inner skeptic or inner critic) and come back to a trust or faith in yourself. As a mindfulness coach, my role is to be your personal trainer of the mind, giving you the time, space, techniques and expertise to grow stronger mentally, experience emotional ergonomics, and develop your will power.

That being said, hypnotherapy has a limited range of practice - insomnia, pain management, mild depression (not chronic), social anxiety, changing habits (smoking, trichotillomania). The bottom line is stress management, and my role as a hypnotherapist is to teach you self hypnosis techniques so that you can access a state of calm and make more informed choices rather than perpetuating old coping mechanisms. Here is a great article on what to expect from a session.

Most insurance companies do not pay for hypnotherapy. However, most licensed MFTs are trained in hypnotherapy, plus treat a wider range of mental health issues. As I do not accept insurance, nor do I do couple's counseling, here's a list of who I recommend.

I always encourage my clients to record their sessions for home practice. This takes off a lot of the pressure for "it to work", just like you would not expect six pack abs after one visit to the gym. You may want to check out my little self hypnosis video. to simply experience some relaxation. When you're ready to go deeper, just click the link below to schedule an initial consultation.

Please let me know if I can answer any more questions.

Be well,

Kayla

Kayla Garnet Rose, Ph.D.
Certified Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master
www.KaylaGarnetRose.com
(831) 435-5182

Click here to book your appointment online!