September 17, 2014

Hypnobirthing


I received this lovely email from one of my hypnobirthing clients:

Dear Kayla,

THANK YOU! At the very beginning of my labor I tried to do self hypnosis on myself and visualize my "camera lens and it going to blue for my pain. Even though the contractions got strong and may have been uncomfortable and every 2-3 minutes, I was completely fine and as soon as I felt it get strong in a contraction I just visualized my camera lens and turning the lens down to blue and it would help me refocus/redirect my pain and smooth it out.

At eleven and a half hours I thought wow this is not going as quick, smooth etc as I had hoped since I was still only 6 cm, but I was fine managing the discomfort. Once I hit that last 10 minutes when I completely dilated, in my head I actually thought, "wow there is no way this is happening, I can get through this! That was so easy I just went from 6 to 10 in less than 15 minutes and now I just have to push her out!" And then a minute and a half later she was laying on me. I realized all in those quick moments this was everything I needed and hoped it would be and that it could not possibly have been a smoother easier labor.

Even though it was 12 hrs and my other daughter's was 6.5, this one was actually much easier, quicker due to amount of actual active labor and less painful then my first birth.
So again Thank You, I feel that your support and guidance was a huge factor in such a smooth, easy labor. Oh even my husband said during labor once or twice, "honey are you doing your hypnosis, don't forget to use your camera lens." It was awesome!

Jennalee

Sent from my iPhone