May 3, 2018

Thoughts on Cats

It's two in the morning and I don't know how,
You awake me with barely a sound.
There was a time you were more nimble,
And it was easy for you to go out the window.

But now with arthritis in each of your hips,
You hop down the stairs with little bunny blips.
I let you out, grumbling back up the stairs,
But just an hour later, it's the same old fare.

Now I can hear you, crying crystal clear,
I'm worried you'll wake all of the neighbors here.
So again I work my way down the flight,
Letting you back in, my shadow of the night.

You are my kindred, my companion right now,
All you have to do is " just say meow"!
I'll do anything, because deep in my heart,
When it comes to cats, I'm generous to a fault.



Kayla Garnet Rose, Ph.D.
Certified Hypnotherapist, Reiki Master, Mindfulness Coach