March 12, 2014

Thoughts on Change

I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in 10 years in a coffee shop. "Wow!" she said, "You look so different!" I thought to myself, "Thank goodness" since ten years ago I was incredibly unhappy, dissatisfied and depressed.

I realize that change scares some people, especially if it challenges their notions of what should be constant. Even in Santa Cruz, where many perceive both sexuality and gender as being fluid, any transitions are met with suspicion and the attitude that somehow you have betrayed the community.

I still get asked the question, "But Kayla, how do you identify?" Truthfully, I identify as a Libra and a healer rather than trying to define my self by the person I am sleeping with or the length of my hair. And guess what, I am happy, satisfied and enjoying my life now more than ever. Label spices, not people.

If you are struggling with change or the acceptance for your changes, give me a call for some hypnotherapy to set up internal resources, release fears, and invite your glorious being to continue to unfold and evolve!

Warmly,

Kayla

Dr. Kayla Garnet Rose, PhD, CHT

www.KaylaGarnetRose.com
(831) 435-5182