May 23, 2013

Thoughts on Jealousy

My cats get jealous of each other, so I see that jealousy occurs in nature. What evolutionary purpose can jealousy serve? What message do we get when we sit and have tea with jealousy? What do my cats want? 

Attention. Jealousy can be a message that you need attention from another or need to give attention to yourself. As human beings we need attention, appreciation, to feel respected. And each of us truly deserve attention.

Don't give your power away by saying "she is more (rich, thin, successful, etc). we are all one and rember that whatever that person has you have too, and even better, now you don't have to do it. I see skinny women and I get to enjoy my chubby buddha belly. I see married people and I get to enjoy being single. I see rich people and I get to enjoy not having that much responsibility. 

I did a ritual today to release feelings of despair, abandonment, being disrespected, disregarded and having my feelings dismissed. Ritual is conscious transformation of energy. I blessed all my support systems, from my closest friends, talking to my mother and my brother, working with my coach as well as all of my loyal clients, who have shown up for me and given me what I needed when I needed it the most. Mostly, I honored my self, my tears and my struggles, sang chants to Innana as I buried the ashes of the past, my rage, my grief in the backyard. And yes, both my cats, true companions, were with me the whole time.

Find the love, attention and encouragement you need and deserve to be you, fabulous YOU, and notice the feelings evaporating... let me know how I can help you in your process.

I am the daughter of the ancient mother
I am the child of the mother of the world

Oh Innana
it is you who teaches us
to die, be reborn and rise again
to die, be reborn and rise again
to die, be reborn and rise...
-Lisa Thiel