March 11, 2011

What I Like to Listen To

My lovers voice - I love listening to the rich tones, whether reading from a book of poetry or telling me about the day. It fills me with pleasure, an aural ambrosia.

My Self - The more I follow my own voices, the easier everything seems.

Music - radio, stereo, singing in the car, shower or while doing housekeeping. Sometimes while working, it is pleasing to have the companionship of human voices in my rather solitary environment.

My Clients - I love their stories. I never get bored. I love listening to their struggles and ultimately their solutions.

Nature - the sound of sea lions and the fog horn through the window at night, the splatter of rain on the windows, the soothing hum of tires on asphalt.

My heart - When I go deep and do my 3, 2, 1 meditation, I really listen to my heart and all it has to say in each of it’s four chambers, what it has to tell me right now.

My body - The pulse in my feet, the creak in my knees, the crack in my shoulders as I twist for relief. Each twinge and ache a message, a chance to respond, to take care of my self.

My cat’s purr - 'nuff said.

What do you like to listen to?