July 19, 2023

Clothes Lines


God is in the details. Yesterday, I gave one of my clients a fistful of dried rose petals from the Coretta Scott King rose bush. It's in the backyard. planted between reputation and love/union/marriage, according to Tibetan Black Hat Feng Shui. This uses the front door as the key alignment instead of the traditional north-south compass.


As she continued her story, I laid my hands on her shoulder blades, sending Reiki along her spine, her angel wings. She was using the blue, pink, and purple sharpies on the clipboard paper to outline her letting go.


In therapy we say you know you're “over it” when you can speak about ”it” in a normal tone of voice. Or I think about Marianne Williamson forgiveness does not mean what happened was okay. It means it no longer affects you.


So I forgive myself for not following up on the health insurance today, or watering the backyard, let alone mowing. Since at least the laundry’s in the washer, not quite ready for the dryer, I give myself permission to write down these few lines. Closing lines. Clothes lines.