June 7, 2008

Thoughts on Happiness


Happy: characterized by or indicative of pleasure, content, or gladness; delighted, pleased

(My friend found this left by accident in a photocopy machine and gave it to me. I decided to sit and make a list & wrote the following.)

What makes me happy? When do I feel happy? How will I make myself by happy?
  1. Looking things up in the dictionary makes me happy
  2. Journaling, writing, blogging makes me happy
  3. Drawing, sketching, painting makes me happy
  4. Organizing and being efficient makes me happy
  5. Gardening makes me happy
  6. Walking makes me happy
  7. ZUMBA makes me REALLY happy lately
  8. Biking makes me happy
  9. Rollerskating makes me happy
  10. Dancing makes me happy
  11. Singing out loud makes me happy
  12. Listening to new music makes me happy
  13. Listening to people makes me happy
  14. Telling jokes & stories makes me happy
  15. My car (& it's gas mileage) makes me happy
  16. Talking with Mango makes me happy
  17. Playing with Poppy makes me happy
  18. Snuggling with Sharkey Rue makes me happy
  19. Brainstorming on meta tags with Amber makes me happy
  20. Going to the Boardwalk makes me happy
  21. Stretching makes me happy
  22. Eating sushi makes me happy
  23. Eating chocolate makes me happy
  24. Masturbating makes me wake up happy every day
  25. Reading erotica makes me happy
  26. Watching erotica makes me happy
  27. Reading science fiction makes me happy
  28. Keeping things clean & tidy makes me happy
  29. Making it all beautiful makes me happy
  30. Being massaged makes me happy
  31. Having sex makes me feel good
  32. Doing rituals makes me happy
  33. Building altars makes me happy
  34. Chanting makes me happy
  35. Memorizing prayers makes me happy
  36. Releasing old energy - mental, emotional or physical clutter - makes me happy
  37. Being tattooed makes me happy
  38. Having piercings makes me happy
  39. Dressing femmy makes me happy
  40. Getting my hair cut by Pati makes me really happy
  41. Smoking the kindness makes me happy
  42. Drinking wine makes me happy
  43. But I really prefer beer, making my Buddha belly happy
  44. Laughing - belly laughs in particular makes me happy
  45. Jokes - verbal & practical jokes makes me happy
  46. Romance makes me happy
  47. Being in love makes me happy
  48. Poetry makes me happy
  49. Writing love letters & making cds makes me happy
  50. Sharing my heart & telling my truths makes me happy
  51. Concerts makes me happy
  52. Going to plays, ballet, theater makes me happy
  53. Going to the flea market makes me happy
  54. Going to Women's Morning at Kiva - sauna & hot tubs - makes me happy
  55. Being a big dyke makes me happy
  56. Being out, loud & proud makes me happy
  57. Wearing essential oils makes me happy
  58. Wearing my jewelery makes me happy
  59. Wearing any clothes I want to makes me happy
  60. Wearing skirts & dresses makes me happy
  61. Doing tarot & astrology readings makes me happy
  62. Doing workshops & lectures makes me happy
  63. Doing Reiki & hypnosis makes me happy
  64. Playing on my website & virtual store makes me happy
  65. Being good at business & marketing makes me happy
  66. Connecting with other professionals makes me happy
  67. Feeling respected as a business woman makes me happy
  68. Being a part of a team makes me happy
  69. Having breakfast with Dr. Z makes me happy
  70. Taking care of my body makes me happy
  71. Fantasizing makes me happy
  72. Paying for amber's school makes me happy
  73. Volunteering at her school makes me happy
  74. Going back to school myself makes me happy
  75. Playing softball, going to the batting cages, and the after game hang outs all make me happy
  76. Feeling myself improve & get stronger makes me happy
  77. Feeling in control of my life makes me happy
  78. Buying used books & music at Logos makes me happy
  79. Reconnecting with Andrea makes me happy (delta delta!)
  80. Buying art books for inspiration makes me happy
  81. Lighting fires in my wood stove makes me happy
  82. My brown & white polka dot dress I wore for Pride makes me happy
  83. The coral reef bathroom makes me happy
  84. Living with my excellent housemate makes me happy
  85. My alone time makes me happy
  86. Office supplies makes me happy
  87. The smell of band aids & freshly peeled bumper stickers make me happy
  88. The fact that I have follow through makes me happy
  89. Leaving myself love messages on the answering machine makes me happy
  90. Cheesy poofs make me happy
  91. Watching Scrubs on DVD makes me happy
  92. Going through my photo albums with someone makes me happy
  93. Sharing my poetry & journals with someone makes me happy
  94. Decorating everything makes me happy
  95. Painting the back fence makes me happy
  96. Taking hot baths makes me happy
  97. Taking long showers makes me happy
  98. Hot coffee makes me ridiculously happy
  99. Chai makes me chappy
  100. Having & using sex toys makes me happy
  101. Going to music festivals makes me happy
  102. Traveling makes me happy
  103. Camping makes me happy
  104. Hanging out with Jen (my Idol) makes me happy
  105. Being friends with the local barristas makes me happy
  106. The Grateful Dead makes me happy
  107. Making stickers & passing them out at shows makes me happy
  108. Taking mind altering substances occasionally makes me happy
  109. Lighting a candle everyday makes me happy
  110. Being connected with Mom again makes me happy
  111. Angel cards, Medicine cards, Affirmations all add to my happiness
  112. Playing guitar makes me happy
  113. Having money in the bank makes me happy
  114. Having all my bills & taxes paid makes me happy
  115. Creating lists & then checking things off makes me happy
  116. Buying myself flowers makes me happy
  117. Believing in Magic makes me happy
  118. Being a Priestess makes me happy
  119. Being a Mom makes me happy
  120. Being lovers makes me happy
  121. Being a wife makes me happy
  122. Being a fairy mermaid at heart makes me happy
  123. Having Elizabeth as my soul sister makes me happy
  124. Knowing I give my best in my love relationships makes me happy
  125. Being kind makes me happy
  126. Practicing forgiveness makes me feel happier
  127. Hugging & being hugged makes me happy
  128. Kissing & being kissed makes me happy
  129. Holding hands makes me ridiculously happy
  130. Believing in myself in those hard moments, like changing the fluorescent bulbs at Herland all by self, or washing the bedroom windows by myself, makes me happy
  131. Clean windows makes me happy
  132. Not feeling addicted to anything makes me happy
  133. Folks buying my artwork makes me happy
  134. My friend Ginger makes me happy
  135. Putting fairy messages inside my bills makes me happy
  136. Doing my own book keeping makes me happy
  137. Creating my own ads & other graphic design makes me happy
  138. Working by myself makes me happy
  139. Going down to the ocean makes me happy
  140. Making lists like this makes me happy
  141. Taking naps makes me happy
  142. Remembering my dreams makes me happy
  143. Being friends with Jill again makes me happy
  144. The yellow paint on the wall by the stairs makes me happy every single day
  145. The rainbows from the crystals in the windows make me happy
  146. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese makes me happy
  147. Being with Dad makes me happy
  148. Mike the Dragon makes me happy
  149. My beautiful new, queen size bed, with the "Sacred Plush" mattress makes me happy
  150. My peachy keen bedroom
  151. My new curtains makes me happy
How about you? What makes you happy? Add to the list...